A 36-foot-high mural of manatees has welcomed guests to Tacky Jack’s Gulf Shores for the last nine years, but it has reached the end of its life span.
Tacky Jack’s Gulf Shores is looking for an experienced artist to paint a mural that represents Coastal Alabama. The location sees nearly 350,000 visitors each year. The mural is located in a highly visible area that is photographed and enjoyed by visitors.
Proposals for the 36-foot-high mural are being accepted through Jan. 31, 2022. In February the proposals will be reviewed, artists will be interviewed and the selection will be announced. The mural must be completed before May 1, 2022.
- 36 feet high – 1650 square feet (includes four sides)
- Concrete block - has faded existing painted mural.
- Artist must prepare the surface to be repainted.
- Must use high-quality acrylic mural paint and sealant.
- Submit brands in the proposal.
- Applicant will supply all needed paint, brushes, and items needed to complete the project.
- Applicant is required to supply equipment needed to paint a mural of this size. If you need help obtaining equipment, please let us know in your proposal.
- The theme should be Coastal Alabama habitat inspired.
- Applicant is required to have liability insurance.
- Tacky Jacks reserves the right to work with the artist on design and material changes if necessary.
- Applicant should submit a biography with the following information: name, address, phone, email, qualifications, experience, photos of past projects, and anything else that they would like considered.
- Applicants should submit one or more concepts for consideration. This can be a drawing, painting, graphic design or other medium.
- Artists will be chosen based on design concepts, qualifications and experience.
- Applicant should submit a budget with the following information: cost of paint, supplies and labor.
- Budget is a factor that should be taken into consideration when submitting a proposal.
- The chosen design will become the property of Tacky Jacks.
- Applicant must provide a warranty of their work for five years and include details in the proposal.
- Please provide all requested information by email in a single digital PDF file.