Well, hello fall-ish weather! Please stay awhile.
Get out early and enjoy the crisp fall-feeling mornings the Gulf Coast has enjoyed this week. The best part of this weather is cool mornings, beach-worthy afternoons and sweater-wearing nights. This weekend's list of events embraces the weather. Kick off your morning with a guided bike ride through Gulf State Park, explore Gulf Islands National Seashore in the afternoon and enjoy evenings at the Baldwin County Fair.
If our list missed the mark for you, visit our event calendar at GulfCoastMedia.com for more events happening this weekend or beyond. Search for events by distance from your home city or vacation spot.
Baldwin County Fair
- What: Load up the family and enjoy a day at the county fair riding rides, browsing exhibits and eating fair food. For more information or a full schedule of events, visit www.baldwincofair.com.
- When: Sept. 19-23, times vary
- Where: Baldwin County Fairgrounds, 21703 Pearson St., Robertsdale
- Price: Admission for adults (ages 12 and over) is $10
Gulf Coast Comedy Fest
- What: Don't miss this night of comedy. Headliner Brandon Rainwater gives his take on parenting, different generations and other absurdities in life. Rainwater is joined by Brian Sullivan, an Army Vet who has been delighting fans with his natural exuberant demeanor. The opener, Nick Goulooze from Nashville, Tennessee, brings humor to everyday situations. Visit gulfcoastcomedyfest.com to purchase tickets.
- When: Friday, Sept. 22, 7 p.m.
- Where: Brandon Styles Theater at OWA, 101 S. OWA Blvd, Suite H, Foley
- Price: Tickets start at $32
Fee Free Day at Gulf Islands National Seashore
- What: The National Park Service has five entrance fee-free days in 2023 that provide free admittance to all national parks. Take the opportunity to visit the Gulf Islands National Seashore.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 23, all-day
- Where: Gulf Islands National Seashore covers the Gulf Coast from Florida to Mississippi
- Price: Free
Oktoberfest at Oyster City Mobile
- What: Last week's Oktoberfest celebration was in Fairhope, and this week is Mobile's turn. Join the Oktoberfest fun at Oyster City and enjoy beer, brats and pretzels. If you are feeling competitive sign up to compete in the stein holding, keg toss or German costume contest.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 23, 12-6 p.m.
- Where: Oyster City Mobile, 600 Government St., Mobile
- Price: Free to attend
Gulf Oak Ridge Trailhead guided bike ride
- What: Join the naturalists of Gulf State Park on a one-hour guided bike ride on the trails of Gulf State Park. Attendees meet at the bike-share location in the trailhead parking lot. Free bike-share bikes will be available but are intended for park guests aged 16 years and older. Bring water to stay hydrated, wear sunscreen and bring bug spray. For more information, visit learningcampusgsp.com.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 23, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Where: Gulf Oak Ridge Trailhead, Gulf Shores
- Price: Free to attend