While some may want to stay home and take in all the football on television this weekend, there are lots of things happening for those who want to get out of the house.
The assortment of events in Baldwin County this weekend ranges from a coastal cleanup to WW II history and everything in between. Register for the Kenny Vines Memorial Fishing Tournament and take your chance at landing the big one, or head to Fairhope Brewing Company for the first Oktoberfest event in Baldwin County. If you are looking to get outside and do a little good, participate in the Alabama Coastal Cleanup, and if you are a history buff there is an event at Fort Morgan you will enjoy.
If our list missed the mark for you, visit our event calendar at GulfCoastMedia.com for more events happening this weekend or beyond. Search for events by distance from your home city or vacation spot.
Kenny Vines Memorial Fishing Tournament
- What: The 12th-Annual Kenny Vines Memorial Fishing Tournament takes to the water this weekend. Registration is open, and anglers have a chance to win awards and prizes in a variety of fish categories. Visit www.obsfc.org for more information or to register.
- When: Friday, Sept. 15, through Saturday, Sept. 16, times vary
- Where: Tacky Jacks Orange Beach, 27206 Safe Harbor Drive, Orange Beach
- Price: $300 per boat entry fee
- What: Start celebrating Oktoberfest early at Fairhope Brewing Company. Enjoy German-style beers, food, live music and a fun atmosphere. Don't worry about missing the games because they will be on the TV for all to enjoy.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 16, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: Fairhope Brewing Company, 914 Nichols Ave., Fairhope
Alabama Coastal Cleanup
- What: Get the trash out of the splash. Spend a morning with the community picking up litter from the coast and waterways. To find a Cleanup Zone near you, visit www.alabamacoastalcleanup.com.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 16, 8 a.m. to noon
- Where: Various locations
Commemoration of WWII in Lower Alabama
- What: In September 1941, the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard opened Fort Morgan as an ordnance depot to supply ships operating in Mobile Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Learn all about the role the fort played in World War II from uniformed living historians. The immersive experience begins at 9 a.m. with the raising of the garrison flag.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 16, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Fort Morgan, 110 Hwy. 180, Gulf Shore
- Price: Admission tickets are $8 for adults, $5 for students and seniors over 65 years of age.
OWA Island Movie Night – "Peter Pan"
- What: Grab a blanket and pillow and head to OWA Island for a family friendly movie night. The movie for this event is "Peter Pan." Make it a family evening out and start with dinner in Downtown OWA, grab snacks, and enjoy a night out.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 16, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Downtown OWA, 205 N. OWA Blvd., Foley
- Price: Free to attend