By Kara Mautz
Take a drive down Scenic Highway in Fairhope to see a few of the most extravagant and expensive homes in Baldwin County.
From beachside showers and private shorelines to custom basketball courts, peek into a life of luxury all located on one route.
1. 18875 Scenic Hwy 98 – sold for $6,605,000
- 12,201 square feet, 2.6 acres, 5 beds/6 bath
- Special features: sunroom, media room, exercise room, downstairs primary bedroom including porch access, double vanities, laundry room, outdoor pool and spa, guest house (1,318 square feet), wharf, boat lift, fish cleaning station and ventilated loft area
2. 16801 Scenic Hwy 98 – sold for $5,945,000
- 6,109 square feet, four private residences (main house, bay house, guest cottage and studio),
- Main house: 6,100 square feet, 3 beds/4 baths
- Bay house: 4,200 square feet, 7 beds/5 baths
- Guest cottage: 2,450 square feet, 4 beds/3 baths
- Studio: 1,300 square feet
- Special features, built in 1880, each residence is privately gated, center fountain, separate bath house, wharf, outdoor kitchen, beachside showers, private beach access, gym, motor court, putting green
3. 17725 Scenic Hwy 98 – sold for $5,500,000
- 8,804 square feet, 1.68 acres, 5 beds. 6.5 baths
- Special features: waterfront property overlooking historic boardwalk, elevator, guest house, open porch, screened-in porch, boat dock
4. 18779 Scenic Hwy 98 – sold for $5,025,000
- 5,004 square feet, 2.25 acres, 4 beds/3.5 baths
- Special features: located directly on Mobile Bay, guest house, private wharf, two boatlifts, commercial ice maker, dog kennel and dog run
5. 16265 Scenic Hwy 98 – sold for $5,000,000
- 8,200 square feet, 1.9 acres, 5 beds/6 baths
- Special features: bordered by 177 feet of Mobile Bay and 500 feet of Bailey's Creek, custom basketball court, outdoor pavilion, primary suite [ includes custom dressing room and closet, coffee bar with hot and cold drawers, wine cooler, outdoor showers, private screened in porch, chef's kitchen], media room, sauna/steam shower, additional second floor master suite [includes glassed sunroom, laundry room with counter space], saltwater pool, sunken trampoline, pier with wharf, cooled garages and RV hookup
Wondering if your city made the cut? Click here to check out the top five most expensive homes across Baldwin County and in each city.