BAY MINETTE — No injuries were reported, and no foul play was suspected as a small fire was quickly contained early Thursday morning at the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office Corrections Center.
According to a release issued Thursday by the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, the fire started at approximately 2:45 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 30 in the BCSO Correction’s Center’s laundry room. One dryer and several uniforms caught fire while the dryer was in use.
“The fire was quickly contained and put out by corrections personnel; however, out of an abundance of caution the Bay Minette fire department responded to ensure the fire had been fully extinguished,” according to the release.
The facility remained secure during the entire incident and no employees or inmates were injured or displaced.