LOXLEY — The Town of Loxley will honor its heroes with banners along Alabama 59 this Veterans Day.
At its meeting on Monday, Sept. 13 the Loxley Town Council voted unanimously to pay the cost to purchase the banners for its employees.
The banners, which are 30 inches wide by 59 inches tall and feature a photo of the veteran, along with the veteran’s name, rank, branch of service and specialization, are available for purchase through the town to the general public at a cost of $55 each.
The banners will be displayed along Alabama 59 and some through Municipal Park at the town’s discretion and will be displayed in town this Veterans Day, Nov. 11.
All photos turned in will be given back as soon as they have been scanned. Photos can also be emailed to email@example.com. After the holiday, the banner will be given back for the owner to keep.
Order forms are available on the Town of Loxley’s Facebook page and can be mailed to P.O. Box 9, Loxley, AL 36551, attention Brooke, or can be dropped off at town hall.
Banners are available on a first come, first served basis. Space is limited. Deadline to order is Sept. 30.
For more information call Brooke Flowers at the Loxley Town Hall, 251-964-5162.
In other business Sept. 13, the council:
- Approved a resolution declaring a public nuisance on South Magnolia Street.
- Approved a resolution declaring a public nuisance on South Pine Street.
- Renewed the town’s service contract with the Central Baldwin Chamber of Commerce at a cost of $4,200.
- Approved a sponsorship request with the Central Baldwin Education Foundation at a cost of $500.
- Approved a sponsorship request with Stapleton School for the annual Bluegrass Festival at a cost of $250.
- Authorized Mayor Richard Teal to approve sponsorship for Robertsdale High School’s annual Thanksgiving basketball tournament.
- Adopted an ordinance to amend uses allowed within a proposed 14-lot subdivision of the Bluff Re-subdivision portion of a planned unit development.
- Approved a request to accept roads for paving in Stonebridge – Monticello Phase 3.
- Approved a sponsorship request for the Baldwin County Drug Court’s 10th annual “Knowing You Can Make The Difference” event to be held Oct. 5 at the Daphne Civic Center at a cost of $1,500.
- Approved the purchase of cameras for municipal court from DataTrust Technologies at a cost of $1,677.03.
- Approved the purchase of a trailer for the maintenance department at a cost of $5,785.
- Approved the purchase of two truck tool boxes for the maintenance department at a cost of $319 each.
- Approved the purchase of a sheet metal break for the maintenance department at a cost of $1,865.
- Awarded the bid for water tank maintenance at the town’s industrial park to Tank Pro at a cost of $224,698.
- Approved the purchase of a Silverado pickup truck from Donohoo Chevrolet at a cost of $31,705.