Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers, grandmothers and soon-to-be mothers. It is that time again, so don’t forget to call the mothers in your life this weekend if you can’t be with them in person.
If you are planning a special weekend for yourself or your loved ones, our selection of the top six events happening this weekend is sure to please. Saturday is packed with everything from Art in the Park in Foley to all-you-can-eat crawfish and everything in between. On Sunday, take a stroll through the park at Fairhope Pier and pick up a gift for mom at the Mobile Makers Market.
If our list of top events doesn’t meet your needs, visit the Event Calendar at GulfCoastMedia.com for more weekend happenings. Get out and enjoy all that Baldwin County has to offer this weekend.
Art in the Park
- What: Art in the Park has been a Mother’s Day weekend tradition since 1971. The competitive juried fine arts show draws the top artists, craftsmen and visitors from across the southeast.
- When: Saturday, May 13, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, May 14, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Heritage Park, 104 N. McKenzie St., Foley
- Price: Free to attend
SBCT presents “The Merchant of Venice”
- What: South Baldwin Community Theatre (SBCT) brings Shakespeare to the stage with “The Merchant of Venice.” The production is set in 1940s New York and is packed with romance, revenge, courtroom drama and a comic twist ending.
- When: May 13-14 and May 19-20, at 7 p.m. and May 15 and May 21, at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: South Baldwin Community Theatre, 2022 West 2nd St., Gulf Shores
- Price: $20 for adults and $10 for students and children
Boil on the Bay
- What: Put on your favorite college team colors and enjoy an afternoon of hot crawfish and live music on the Mobile Bay. Boil on the Bay is an annual fundraiser the Baldwin Bengals hold to fund a scholarship for Baldwin County students attending Louisiana State University (LSU). The scholarship is awarded by the LSU Office of Admissions. Tickets are available for music only or crawfish and music. To purchase tickets, visit www.m.bpt.me.
- When: Saturday, May 13, from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Where: American Legion Post 199, 700 S. Mobile St., Fairhope
- Price: Music only $10, crawfish and music $35 in advance and $40 at gate for adults and $15 for children
Mother’s Day Decorating Party
- What: Piggly Wiggly Spanish Fort is giving children a chance to create a delicious gift for mom or grandma this Mother’s Day. Bring the children to decorate a cake to give mom on Mother’s Day. Decorated cake and all supplies needed to create a masterpiece will be provided. Call the store. (251) 308-9584, to sign up.
- When: Saturday, May 13, 10 a.m. to noon
- Where: Piggly Wiggle Spanish Fort, 6530 Spanish Fort Blvd., Spanish Fort
- Price: $8.99
2023 Mudbug Showdown
- What: The 2023 Mudbug Showdown is a full day of family fun. Teams will compete to see whose crawfish reign supreme in the name of charity. Those in attendance will get all the crawfish they care to eat, enjoy live music and entertainment for the children. Tickets are available at Eventbrite.com.
- When: Saturday, May 13, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: 9593 Milton Jones Road, Daphne
- Price: Advance tickets are $15 and day of $25
Mobile Bay Maker’s Market
- What: Need a last-minute gift for mom or want to shop local artisans? The Mobile Bay Maker’s Market draws some of the top local artisans, farmers and makers from the Gulf Coast.
- When: Sunday, May 14, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Fairhope Pier, 1 Beach Drive, Fairhope
- Price: Free to attend