Can you believe April is upon us already? Time flies when you are having fun and there is no shortage of fun events happening this weekend across the Gulf Coast. Our list of top events this weekend includes having breakfast with the Easter Bunny, an egg hunt, a battle reenactment, creepy critters, book signing, mudbugs and more.
Start the weekend with a visit to 5 Rivers Delta to learn all about the creepy critters in our area. Saturday is jam-packed with events that are fun for the whole family. Watch history come to life at Fort Blakeley for the annual reenactment, sip margaritas and eat mudbugs or meet Paula Deen in Foley. On Sunday, hunt for Easter eggs on the beach in Fairhope and then stick around for live music. Have no worries if our list falls short of something you would like to do this weekend. To find more weekend happenings check out the event calendar at GulfCoastMedia.com.
Don't forget April Fool's Day is Saturday so you have time to plan your tricks.
- What: Gather up the family and learn all about the creepy critters that live among us. A naturalist will discuss some of the critters in our area, dispel some common misconceptions and learn about their importance in our environment.
- When: Friday, March 31, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Tensaw Theater at 5 Rivers Delta Resource Center, 30945 Five Rivers Blvd., Spanish Fort
- Price: Free to attend
Battle of Fort Blakeley Reenactment
- What: See history come to life as you watch the reenactment of the Battle of Fort Blakeley. The day will include tours, weapons demonstrations and special cruises. Pack a picnic and spend the day enjoying everything Blakeley State Park has to offer. For more information, a schedule of events or to purchase tickets, visit www.blakeleypark.com.
- When: Saturday, April 1, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Blakeley State Park, 34745 State Highway 225, Spanish Fort
- Price: Tickets are $10 for adults and $ 5 for children ages 5 and under
Mudbugs and Margaritas
- What: Spend a day enjoying live entertainment, drinking margaritas and local craft beer while munching on crawfish. Mudbugs and Margaritas return to Heritage Park in Foley. The festival will have food and arts and crafts vendors and a large children's entertainment area. For more information, a schedule of events or to purchase tickets, visit www.beachlifeevents.com.
- When: Saturday, April 1, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Heritage Park, 101 E. Laurel Ave., Foley
- Price: Tickets are $5 for adults and free for children ages 12 and under
Breakfast with the Easter Bunny
- What: The Easter Bunny is hopping into Gulf Shores for a special pancake breakfast. Grab the family and enjoy a traditional pancake breakfast with sausage, eggs and bacon. Children will have an opportunity to meet the Easter Bunny and take photos. The Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo will be in attendance with some furry friends.
- When: Saturday, April 1, from 8 a.m.
- Where: Erie H. Meyer Civic Center, 1930 W. 2nd St., Gulf Shores
- Price: Tickets are $5 and children ages 3 and under are free. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
Paula Deen Book Signing
- What: Celebrity chef, author and restaurateur Paula Deen will visit her Foley restaurant, Paula Deen's Family Kitchen for a book signing. The door will open at 9 a.m. The restaurant team will hand out 250 meet-and-greet wristbands to guests who purchase an item from the Paula Deen retail store.
- When: Saturday, April 1. Doors open at 9 a.m. Signing will take place between 10 a.m. and noon.
- Where: Paula Deen's Family Kitchen, 101 – N South OWA Blvd., Foley
Easter Egg Hunt
- What: The American Legion Post 199 invites the community to an Easter egg hunt on the beach. Live music featuring Journey to Mars will follow.
- When: Sunday, April 2, the hunt starts promptly at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: American Legion Post 199, 700 S. Mobile St., Fairhope
- Price: Free to attend