The Orange Beach Billfish Classic this weekend is just one stop on the Gulf Coast Triple Crown Series leading to the Blue Marlin Grand Championship, pictured above.
Micah Green / Gulf Coast Media
The Alabama Gulf Coast weather has decided to skip pleasant and go straight to hot this week, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the weekend.
This weekend will be a busy one on the coast with Hangout Music Festival rocking the beach in Gulf Shores and the Orange Beach Billfish Classic taking over The Wharf. If you are looking for something to do away from the beach, our list of top events might help you out. Take in a movie on The Bluff in Fairhope Saturday evening, check out a car show in Robertsdale, or take the family to explore one of the Alabama State Parks.
If you are looking for more events to fill your weekend or to plan ahead, visit the Event Calendar at GulfCoastMedia.com.
Orange Beach Billfish Classic
- What: Marlin tournament season has begun, and the race for the Gulf Coast Triple Crown is on. This weekend, vessels and captains from across the Gulf Coast will compete to see who can land the big fish. The weigh-ins are an exciting time, and spectators are welcome. For more information on the Orange Beach Billfish Classic, how to register or the schedule of events, visit orangebeachbillfishclassic.com.
- When: Weigh-ins take place Friday, May 19, from 7-8 a.m. and 7-10 p.m. and Saturday, May 20, from 6-10 p.m.
- Where: The Wharf, 4673 Wharf Pkwy., Orange Beach
- Price: Free to attend
Movie on The Bluff
- What: The third-annual Movie on The Bluff Summer Series returns to Fairhope. Enjoy a movie as the sun sets on Mobile Bay with your family and friends. Popcorn and drinks will be provided. Bring a chair or blanket. Donations are not required, but any amount received will go to benefit Fairhope schools.
- When: Saturday, May 20, from 8-10 p.m.
- Where: Henry George Park, 161 N. Section St., Fairhope
CEAS Grand Opening Car Show
- What: Cutting Edge Automotive Solutions is celebrating its grand opening with a full day of fun in Robertsdale. The Grand Opening Car Show has over 50 registered cars to see (registration is full), food, games, racing simulator competitions and music. Special guest appearances from David Ankin from Toymakerz on the History Channel, Shane Lest from Street Outlaws: New Orleans on Discovery Channel and Jason Livery from Livery Art Studios. For more information on the event, visit www.ceausa.com.
- When: Saturday, May 20, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: CEAS, 22703 Racine St., Robertsdale
- Price: Free to attend
Kids to Parks Day 2023
- What: Kids to Parks Day is a day to connect kids and families with their local, state and national parks through events that promote discovery and exploration in the great outdoors. In Baldwin County, Gulf State Park and Meaher State Park have special events. Stop by the Nature Center at Gulf State Park to learn about the creatures that call the park home before exploring the park's trails. Meaher State Park has a whole special day of events planned with a guided paddle (registration required), a kid's fishing tournament and more. For more information or specifics, visit www.alapark.com/kids-park-day.
- When: Saturday, May 20, times vary
- Where: Gulf State Park Nature Center, 20115 State Park Road, Gulf Shores and Meaher State Park, 5200 Battleship Pkwy., Spanish Fort